Imagine yourself waking up in the wee hours of the night because your phone rang. The news that one of your relative has been arrested and is in jail can be alarming. The news is no doubts very disturbing and on the top of it you are expected to stay relaxed and level headed. It doesn’t matter how you must be feeling but a practical step ahead is essential and needed at this point.
The first step here is to obtain a bail bond in order to at least come out of the situation and get the person relieved, who is in jail.
Difference between Bail and Bail Bond
May God Almighty’s blessings be always with you and may you never get to face a situation like this, but keeping yourself alert is always better. You must know how to avail the bail bonds benefits. Bail and bail bond are two different things. Bail is only the money that is given for getting the person in prison come out of jail, whereas bail bond is an agreement in writing. The agreement states that the defendant and the cosigners will be present, when demanded for hearings. If any absence happens the defendant is taken into custody and put back in the prison.
What are the Steps Involved?
In an attempt to help any such person several agencies have mushroomed for providing the services of applying for bail bonds online. A San Diego sheriff is one such person, you may seek help from. Following are the steps that are involved for availing the bond:-
- Fill the form that is available on the web pages of the agencies that are offering such services.
- The reputed agencies maintain professional secrecy.
- The Form filled is reviewed thoroughly for approval
- Sign the agreement post reading the mentioned terms and conditions to avoid any hassle in future.
- Provide the necessary documents mentioned in the agreement.
- Once the agreement is signed and the payment has been made, your job finishes here.
- The agency then sends one of its representatives to the jail where your relative/friend is held.
- The bond is posted and the concerned person is relieved.
The judicial system is equal for all and does not discriminate, at any levels. Though the bail bonds are faster in terms providing its benefits, yet all have to follow/abide by the guidelines/rules and regulations set by the judicial system. One single absence may spoil all the efforts put in to process the bail bond. The cosigners too are not left spared, if they are absent. They will mandatorily have to pay the complete amount that is involved in the availing of bail bond.
The entire process of having a known in jail availing the bond, and getting the person released is full of stress. Though it’s an agreement but a slight mistake may elevate the problems instead of settling it down. Avail professional bail bond services and attain a hassle free life not just for your loved ones but for yourself too.